The beginning of the journey
Welcome to my blog! This is the very first post, and I will start by answering some questions;

What prior experimental learning are you
bringing to the subject, why have you chosen Outdoor Education, what do you
personally add to the group, and what are your expectations for the session?
In University,
I have never done a course based on experimental learning. I’m studying professional
psychology in Norway where the first four years is very heavy academic approach
with a lot of reading and very little practical/experimental learning. In high school,
I did a course where we did internships in different companies, and after
gathering information and trying and failing on different business concepts we
started our own business. I found that so rewarding, and really liked that
approach to learning.
I chose outdoor
education because the outdoors is my big passion in life. I’m from Norway where
we are surrounded by mountains and woods everywhere, and I think it’s no
greater thing in life than sharing outdoor experiences with other people.
Personally I think I can add optimism and positivity to the group, but I’m also
used to being in the outdoors and can therefore help others if it’s needed. My
expectations for the session is that we get to learn a lot about ourselves, the
group and the Australian outdoors by learning-by-doing. I’m also working on the
media campaign right now which I find really rewarding, it’s a great way to
incorporate new knowledge by working with multimedia tools.
- Iphigenia Hellen
- Iphigenia Hellen
Comments
Post a Comment